Saturday, November 12, 2011

Story-telling in a multi-media way


Try our slideshow maker at Animoto.

After I did my first story-telling video as a photo book, I started to love making a video myself.
When I preparing my lesson, I always want to show some video or interesting picture to activate classroom atmosphere. Because you can imagine how boring it will be if you keep routine on curriculum without adding some vivid lesson materials.
And here it is video with music and well-decorated photos, it fresh your eyes.
I would like to use it as a pro-teaching part of my lesson for the first class of new semester. I think after a long summer or winter holiday, everyone may have something interesting to tell your teacher and classmates, it's a good way to make a presentation about the past days that you have. Within telling the story only by words, it will be some multi-dimensioned that if everyone can show some photos to the class, or it can be some introduction of one good book that you read in your holiday. It also can be some funny things about your pet that happened in your holiday. It can be everything. Through this presentation, for an ESL student, it could be a great opportunity to be more familiar with classmates, and a chance for them to practice English speaking skills.
I like the this visual and audio teaching tool.

1 comment:

  1. This might be a good way to lead into a discussion of summer vacation.

    ReplyDelete