Sunday, November 6, 2011

Yellow Stone friends by HE CHEN :: bookr ::pimpampum

At first I want to create my own book, and I uploaded some fantastic photos that I took when I went to YellowStone National Park this summer, because I want to share the stories that I met a lot of cute animals there. And I think it will be very interesting to use in teaching low level English learners, especially for children. They can not only learn vocabulary about animals, but also see what animals U.S. has, since some of the animals are only exist in YellowStone. But I met problem with searching my photos, then I chose to use photos in Flickr library.
I'd like my students to create the story they like, I'll give them a topic, like your pet, your summer, your family, or any interesting topic they would like to share with their classmates. Through this way, students train to be familiar with how to use pictures appropriately online, how to search the pictures they want, how to organize pictures and words together, how to narrate the story, and how to tell the story for engaging listeners' attention. It's quite beneficial for both presenter and listeners, since presenters can be more logical and more familiar with digital story-telling, in the meantime, listeners can also learn from the story.
I would use this in my future teaching.

1 comment:

  1. There are several errors in your book. Please see my comments in HDIG.

    ReplyDelete