Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Using Podcast in teaching


As a language teacher, we all know that teaching a language is not only giving lectures on the linguistic feature, but also teaching a sort of culture to the people who are not familiar with the culture. Since language conveys so much of the culture history, culture customs, culture manners, a qualified language teacher need to be a trained inter-cultural educator. Here it is Absolutely-Intercultural podcast, you can find plenty of valuable information of inter-culture information on teaching, like this one--Absolutely intercultural 146, intercultural trainer , it is a interview between inter-cultural researchers and trainers, their conversation mainly focused on the importance of the biennial SIETAR conference which took place in Cracow, Poland at the end of September.

How could I use it in my own teaching? Compare to the tools that I learned in the previous lessons, I think I'll use this one more in my own improvement. It's a good resources to know more researches all around the world about inter-culture. I'm having an inter-culture class this semester in UB, but it is my last semester here, I have wondered what if I come back home, it means I will not have such a diversify discourse to get touch with people from different countries. And this podcast website plays a role to compensate a little bit, at least, they're all authority that made by distinguished educators and researchers.

1 comment:

  1. Absolutlyly intercultural sounds like a great site to continue reflecting on cultural diversity and to compare experiences you have had with what is described in the podcasts.

    ReplyDelete